Alternative: Upgrade Magneto using the Magento Connect Downloader
Upgrading Magento is a must to keep your store in top-top condition, protect your customers and your business.
Upgrading Magento through command line is the easiest way to make sure you are running the latest version of the Magento Software
- Load the root directory of your Magento store
- Make sure the “mage” file has the right permissions:
chmod 777 mage
- Then launch Magento set-up:
- If all goes well you can then pull the latest version of the code source code:
./mage install http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community Mage_All_Latest --force
If things didn’t go well with mage-setup you may need to run set som preferences….
- Make sure your prefered code is set:
./mage config-set preferred_state stable
- Then sync your changes:
You can then try the install command again.
That should do the trick.